Save On Rotation & Save Texas Breweries #SaveTexasBreweries
Today we want to talk about a subject that’s near and dear to our hearts — saving us.
In all seriousness, folks, we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for your daily support and those of you who have gone out of your way to encourage others to check out our beers amidst this pandemic. Order online now!
As we shared on Instagram, this latest shutdown is affecting the Texas craft beer industry more than most as many Texas brewing operations have been classified as “bars” and shutdown regardless of their safety protocols in the face of COVID-19.
Breweries and brewpubs in Texas also suffer from being restricted from offering delivery or shipping options due to the existing beer laws. If you want to help us change that, sign the petition.
For On Rotation, classified as a brewpub in the eyes of the TABC and a bar in the eyes of the state, we’re limited to only curbside sales.
Let’s get one thing straight. We’re proud to have taken this pandemic seriously from the start, and we’re dedicated to making sure we’re part of the solution, not the problem. That said, we continue to need your support as do our fellow brewers across the state.
A recent Texas Craft Brewers Guild survey found that:
- 1 in 3 Texas craft breweries say they’ll be forced to close in the next three months without some change to the current shutdown order or new economic relief options.
- 2 in 3 believe they will not make it to the end of the year under current conditions.
- Only 14% of responding breweries believe they could make it longer than one year under current conditions.
- Responding breweries are currently experiencing an approximately 55% YoY revenue decline with 1 in 5 breweries experiencing an 80% or more revenue decline.
- Since the onset of the pandemic, breweries have been forced to lay off or furlough an average 36% of their workforces.
In short, we need you now more than ever, and we need your support in pushing for innovation when it comes to beer laws in the state of Texas.
Learn more about how you can help here. And voice your support for the local craft beer scene by using the hashtag #SaveTexasBreweries
Don’t forget that we also have some badass neighbors on the east side of town. See our post below on Instagram to check out where they are located and what they having going on amidst this pandemic.
Thank you all again and again and again for your continued support!